The City of Boise and the Boise Public Library are proud to present BoiseCodes, a collection of coding resources and educational opportunities for Boise residents of all ages. BoiseCodes is made possible by the generous support of Tesoro and the Boise Public Library Foundation.
Premium Online Resources
You won't find these subscription-based services available without a paid membership anywhere else in Boise.
- Lynda.com - Access the Lynda.com video library of engaging, top-quality courses taught by recognized industry experts.
- Treehouse - Learn web design, coding, and much more with Treehouse from the Library!
Technology to Take Home
Whether you're 8 or 80, an aspiring coder or a professional looking to expand your skills, we think you'll find something new with these take-home kits. Follow the links to check availability and have a kit delivered to your neighborhood library for pickup.
Just arrived! We have a variety of new additions to our collection of coding and robotics kits, including Cubelets, Ozobots, Makey-Makey kits, and Sphero SPRK+ robots.
Kano Computer Kits - Assemble a small PC, connect it to your television, and learn to code games, make music, and much more. Television or monitor required.
- Finch Robots - Looking to learn something new? Finch robots support a wide variety of coding languages, from Scratch to C#. Computer with Mac OSX, Linux, or Windows required.
- Dash and Dot Robots - Learn to code and have fun with this pair of robots. Tablet or smartphone required.
- Wifi Hotspots - Having a meetup in a spot with no wifi? No problem. Check out one of these cellular hotspots, share the SSID with your friends, and you're all online.
Reserve one of the Coding Computers at the Main Library today and come in to use the Adobe Creative Suite, Unity, Unreal, and more. Logon ID is your 14 digit library card number, password is your PIN.
Other Community Resources
Questions about BoiseCodes? Email us at BoiseCodes@cityofboise.org.