Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Interlibrary loans (ILL) must be picked up and returned to a Boise Public Library location. This service is available only to residents of Boise and the areas served by Ada Community Library. Please contact your home library for interlibrary loan services if you do not have a Boise Public Library or Ada Community Library card.
- Items published this year are not available via the interlibrary loan service. For newer items, please suggest a purchase and library staff will look into buying a copy for the Library's collection.
- We cannot borrow textbooks, audio-visual materials such as music CDs, DVDs, books on CD, or electronic resources.
- There is a limit of three interlibrary loan requests per card per week.
- Items requested usually take a minimum of 14 days to arrive. You will be notified when your interlibrary loan is available and it will be held for you for 10 days at your preferred pickup location.
- Due dates are set and renewals granted by the lending libraries. Contact Boise Public Library staff at 384-4078 or 562-4022 with questions or renewal requests.
- Boise Public Library does not charge a fee for this service, though some libraries who send materials to Boise for use by local residents do charge fees. When those fees are incurred they may be passed along to patrons.