Boise Mini Maker Faire – May 25 & 26
Enjoy TED-style talks, presentations, demonstrations and exhibits at Boise’s first annual Mini Maker Faire! Local artisans, foodies, performers, technicians, programmers, coders, crafters and other imaginative and inventive folks will all be sharing their ideas and passion for Making. Saturday will be a day of TED-style talks and presentations. Sunday will be hands-on demonstrations and exhibits.
Idaho Archaeology and Historic Preservation Month
Each May, the Idaho State Historical Society partners with local libraries and other entities to offer programs for Idaho Archaeology and Historic Preservation Month. See the following programs at Boise Public Library:
Books to Action: Wise Beyond Your Field
Join us for a book discussion and a companion project based on the new book, Wise Beyond Your Field: How Creative Leaders Out Innovate to Out Perform. The book provides an inside look at what leaders in some high-performing, highly-creative organizations in Boise have learned about boosting organizational performance.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
More Great Programs & Classes
- Movies! Choose from a wide variety of screenings at our branch libraries, including matinees.
- Free Legal Clinic - Monthly
- Puppet Show - Main Library, Friday & Saturday, 5/3 & 5/4
- Hispanic Folkloric Dancers – 5/5, Library! at Cole & Ustick, 3 p.m.
- Medicinal Herbs – 5/8, Library! at Collister, 7 p.m.
- Play With Words - Library! at Hillcrest, Tuesday, 5/14
- Re-Art: Mosaic - All locations, Saturday & Sunday, 5/11 & 5/12
- Nonprofit Resource Thursday - Main Library, Thursday, 5/16
- Teen Poetry Slam & Workshop – 5/18, Library! at Collister, 1 p.m. and 2:15 p.m.
- Fantasy Fort Theater - Main Library, Sunday, 5/19
- Book discussions and clubs
- Computer classes
- All kids programs
- All teen programs
- All programs
- All locations will be closed on Monday, May 27.
- Branch libraries are closed on Mondays year around.
- The Main Library will be closed on Sundays starting May 26 (Memorial Day Weekend) through Labor Day Weekend.