Annual Spring Book Sale Starts Thursday!
Get ready for four days of great bargains this coming Thursday-Sunday (April 3-6), when the Friends of Boise Public Library holds its annual Spring Book Sale! Everything is priced to sell! Here's the scoop:
- Most paperbacks are 50¢ and most hard bounds are $1.00.
- For just $9.00, you can buy all you can stuff into a grocery-sized bag! (Some items excluded.)
- On Sunday, all merchandise is half-price.
- Besides regular paperbacks and hard bound books, you'll find individually-priced special books, collectibles, oversized books, book sets, LP records, CDs, VHS videos, DVDs, audiobooks, magazines, prints and posters.
- Books are restocked throughout the day on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- The sale is held in the warehouse at 762 River Street, across from the Main Library.
- Hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, and noon to 4 p.m. on Sunday. If you're a member of our Friends group, you can get a head start at the Preview Sale on Wednesday, April 2, 4:00-7:00 p.m. New members can join at the door.
Last year, our wonderful Friends raised over $180,000 to benefit the library, sorting through over 200,000 donated items for their sales. Funds are used to help purchase materials for the Library's collection and to support major projects, programs and events, including Summer Reading and author visits.
First Thursday: Romeo & Juliet
Also on Thursday, Idaho Shakespeare Festival's Shakespearience will present Romeo & Juliet - the timeless love story of two teens who tragically fight against all odds to be together. Recommended for adults and students in grades 7-12. Thursday, April 3, 6:30-8 p.m., Main Library.
Lewis & Clark Book Discussion Series
Join Nez Perce historians and authors Allen Pinkham and Steven Evans for a discussion of their newly-released book Lewis and Clark Among the Nez Perce: Strangers in the Land of the Nimiipuu. The book is the first richly detailed exploration of the relationship between the Corps of Discovery and a single tribe. Thursday, April 8, 7:00 p.m., Library! at Cole & Ustick.
Makers Series: Sew Like a Pro!
Learn how to cut and sew a t-shirt into a simple, handy bag for carrying your goodies from the market or your books back to the library. Taught by Chelsea Snow from the local boutique/gallery/workspace Bricolage. Saturday, April 19, 2-3:30 p.m., Library! at Collister
Future classes in the Makers Series include Tiny Houses in May, Craft Swap in June, and DIY Costume Props in July - just in time for Library Comic Con in August!
More Great Programs & Classes
- All locations will be closed on Easter Sunday, April 20. Our branch libraries are closed on Mondays year around.