Read for Fun & Prizes!
Summer Fest 2015 starts June 1 - please check back for details!
Starting June 1, click on the appropriate button below to register or log in to your reading record:
Individuals & families Daycare & preschool groups
No matter how young or old you are, the Summer Fest Reading Program is for you. And, thanks to our generous sponsors, we have lots of great prizes to keep things interesting!
How does it work?
- This year, we’re encouraging everyone in Boise to Read 20 minutes a day—Don’t break the chain!*—in order to develop or reinforce the habit of reading.
- The Summer Fest Reading Program is open to Boise residents with a public library card (or minors whose parent or guardian has a library card).**
- From June 1—July 31, register online or at any of our locations and then log the number of days you read.
- Books, graphic novels, fanfiction, reading to others, being read to and listening to audiobooks all count!
- Kids & teens earn a free book and adults earn a free gift for every 30 days of reading. Every day of reading logged is an entry in our weekly and grand prize drawings.
* If life happens and you do break the chain, keep reading!
**If you don’t have a Boise Public Library card, stop by any of our locations to get one. It’s free and only takes a few minutes! If you’re not a Boise resident, please visit www.idahokidsread.lili.org to find information about your library’s Summer Reading program.
Our sincere thanks to our sponsors!
We'd like to thank our generous Summer Fest prize sponsors, partners and contributors. Please visit them to show your appreciation for their support!
In case you're curious ...
Participation in the 2014 Boise Public Library Summer Reading Program:
- Kids and teens read for 44,607 hours;
- Adults read 8,314 books!