Kids' Summer Reading
Now you can participate in our Summer Fest Reading Program from anywhere! Register for the program and log your reading time online, then visit any of our library locations to pick up your prizes and join in our fun summer programs for all ages.
How does Summer Reading Work?
- Beginning June 1, keep track of the time you spend reading books, being read to or listening to audiobooks and log your time in our online registration system.
- For every 2 hours of reading time you log, you’ll be entered into our grand prize drawings – and make sure to log all your time by July 31!
- After you've logged 10 hours of reading time, you’ll receive a free book (but keep reading for more chances in the prize drawings!) Your book can be selected at any Boise Public Library location.
- Participants must be Boise residents with a public library card (or have a parent or guardian with a valid card).
- The Kids Summer Reading Program is for kids 12 years old or younger. Other ages, please see Teen Summer Reading or Adult Summer Reading.
- Boise Public Library's Summer Reading program runs June 1 - July 31.
The more time spent reading, the greater the chance to win one of the following prizes in our grand prize drawings:
- A Kindle Fire HDX
- Tickets to Roaring Springs or The Western Idaho Fair
- A Bogus Basin prize package
- Flying Pie Pizza
Prizes are subject to availability; substitutions may be necessary. Sponsor's rules and limits apply. Prizes must be picked up by August 14, 2013.
Stop into your nearest Boise Public Library branch each week and pick up a prize coupon from the featured sponsor. There will be a new sponsor each week!
Our sincere thanks to our summer reading prize sponsors. Please visit them to say thank you!