Teen Summer Reading
How Summer Fest Works
- Register for Summer Fest at a Summer Fest Registration Party on June 1, or anytime on your own. You must be a Boise resident with a public library card or have a parent or guardian with a valid card to participate.
- From June 1 through July 31, keep track of the time you spend reading books. Being read to or listening to audiobooks counts, too!
- Log your reading time in our online registration system.
- Every 3 hours of reading time logged = 1 entry in our grand prize drawing.
- Log 12 hours of reading time, and get a free book. You can pick it up at any Boise Public Library location.
- Earn extra entries by completing certain Summer Fest activies.
- Keep reading for more chances in the prize drawings. Be sure to log all your time by July 31!
- Pick up your prizes and join in our fun summer programs at any Boise Public Library location.
The more you read, the greater your chance to win one of the following prizes in our grand prize drawings:
- A Chromebook computer!
- Lots of movie tickets
- $75 Visa Gift Card
Prizes are subject to availability; substitutions may be necessary. Sponsor's rules and limits apply. Prizes must be picked up by August 15, 2014.
Earn Extra Hours
You can earn an extra hour of time toward the prize drawings each time you complete one of the following activities. As you complete each activity, just enter it in the online registration system.
- Attend a program at any Boise Public Library location
- Submit a book review through our online registration system or pick up and submit a post-it review in your library
- Submit fan art you create for your favorite book (must be 8.5x11 or smaller).
Submit post-it reviews and fan art to the Youth Services desk at the Main Library, or to any service desk at our branches. Art will be displayed in the teen area at each location.