Bown Crossing Preliminary Designs
Click each image for a larger view. If the new page doesn't appear to be loading, try refreshing the page.
Sustainable Features & Landscaping
Project Goals and Vision
The preliminary designs for the Library! at Bown Crossing were developed to meet the following goals and vision:
- Provide a sense of place/community for the neighborhood and east Boise.
- Reinforce Bown Crossing as a destination point in the City with integrated pedestrian access and circulation.
- Motivate community participation in the library with a commitment to public service with state of the art design and operation.
- Provide a universally inspiring facility for all ages.
- The design should be simple, logical and intuitive in operations, promoting easy access to useful collections, information and programs.
- Create a building that is an experience that accommodates communication, collaboration, and self-service.
- Provide spaces for active use and quiet contemplation and reflection.
- Provide integrated, adaptable, and flexible building and technology systems suitable for future growth / expansion.
- Reflect the history, natural habitat, style and environment of the Bown Crossing neighborhood.
- Build a sustainable building incorporating efficient design, sustainable materials, natural light, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems utilizing local and regional materials.