Now you can upload a document from anywhere on almost any web device and print it at any Boise Public Library location.
Before You Start
- In order to print, you'll need a library account and will need to have money loaded into the account. Printing is currently 10 cents a page.
- Note that you can upload your document if there's no money in your account, but you'll need to add funds before printing. Uploaded files are deleted after 24 hours.
- You can add funds to your account by using one of the kiosks - feel free to ask staff for assistance.
- Printing is available in black and white ONLY, on 8 1/2" x 11" paper (letter size)
How It Works
There are two ways to upload a document for printing, depending on the device you're using. Please note that uploaded files are deleted after 24 hours.
Option 1: Upload Your Document
Use this if you have a file system that you can browse, such as a PC, or Mac.
- Go to mobileprint.boisepubliclibrary.org.
- Log in with your Library Card Number and PIN. From here you will be able to upload a document and view your balance.
- Click on "upload document" and browse to your file.
- After upload is complete, click the refresh button to see that the document is in your list.
- Log off and go to the nearest computer sign-up/print kiosk to print your job.
Option 2: Upload from the Pharos Print App
The Pharos Print app is currently available for iOS. It can be used to upload your documents.
- Download Pharos Print to your device
- The first time using the app you must enter the following server information:
Then hit connect
- The username and password with be your library card number and PIN.
- To upload a document into Mobile Print, from it's main app choose to open the document in Pharos Print. You can also check your Printing balance from the app.
Option 3: Email Your Document
Use this option if you can't browse files with your device (typical of iPhones, iPads, and iPods). This also needs to be used for many Android devices.
- From your mobile device, laptop, or desktop, send or forward documents to print (as attachments) to email@example.com.
- You will receive a return email showing a list of your submitted documents and a link to mobileprint.boisepubliclibrary.org.
- Give the system a few minutes to receive the document, then go to the nearest computer sign-up/print kiosk to print your job.
Supported File Types
- Documents .doc | .dot | .docx | .rtf
- Excel .xls | .xlt | .xlsx | .xltx | .xltm | .xlsm |.csv
- Powerpoint .ppt | .pptx | .pptm | .pot | .pps | .potx | .ppsx
- PDF .pdf
- Images .jpg | .jpeg | .png | .bmp | .gif
- Email .txt | .mht | .eml
- Visio .vsd | .vss | .vst | .vdx | .vsx | .vtx | .vdw