Tax Help

Tax Help

Where do I file?

  • If you make up to $72,000 you can use United Way’s free tax preparation site,, or other free-file options.
  • If you are mailing print forms, you can find the mailing addresses on the IRS web page.

Where can I get tax assistance?

  • Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
  • Idaho State Tax Commission
  • Boise State University (BSU) Department of Accountancy is once again providing free income tax return preparation assistance through the IRS VITA program for people earning up to $56,000. Check the Boise State web site for more information.
  • The Library! at Hillcrest will not be hosting AARP Foundation tax help this year. Check with the AARP for information about their services.

How can I get on the Internet?

  • Use Library computers to complete and file your taxes online (the forms are fillable online).
  • Scan documents in library computer labs.
  • Access WiFi in Library computer labs and parking lots with your device.
  • Print forms, if necessary, from the Internet using a Library computer.

Find forms online here:

Internal Revenue Service 
550 W. Fort St., Boise, ID 83724 (Federal Building)
Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
(208) 387-2847

Idaho State Tax Commission
The Idaho State Tax Commission has moved!
11321 W. Chinden Blvd., Boise, ID 83714
Mon.-Fri. 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(208) 334-7660
TTD: 1-800-377-3529


Contact Us

Phone: (208) 972-8200
Telecirc: (208) 384-4450
TTY: 1-800-377-3529

Library Director:  Jessica Dorr

Support Your Library


Foundation Logo horizontal BW.png

Find us at BoisePubLib